Indian Country has been greatly challenged by Coronavirus. Now, the largest federal grant to aid tribes has magnified the challenge.
Navigating COVID-19 Aid
Tribes are faced with complex CARES Act requirements.
Tribes must plan now.
Identify immediate and long-term needs
Understand CARES funding requirements
Need Support? Blue Stone can help.
Tribes are faced with complex CARES Act requirements and with it a need to spend funds quickly. Our team of tribal leaders, tribal professionals and subject-matter experts, can help you use CARES funds to the greatest impact — protecting tribal communities and economies.
We will help you make a plan.
In our Blue Stone COVID-19 Response Priority Planning Sessions we assess needs, make a plan for CARES Act funds, help align your priorities, roles, and responsibilities, and develop a strategic road map for your community.
1. Tribal Emergency Response and Strategic Planning
- Emergency management planning
- Emergency response and after action planning
- Hazard mitigation planning
- Community action planning
- Capabilities assessment
2. Master Land Use and Safety Planning
- Assess current land use and infrastructure as it relates to preventing future COVID-19 outbreaks
- Develop a plan to maximize the health and safety of the community through effective land use and infrastructure programs
3. Business Interruption Assessments and Recovery Planning
- Assess the extent of business interruption due to COVID-19
- Develop an economic recovery plan to ensure the expeditious rebooting of all business operations
- Develop status reports for Tribal council on current financial performance as a result of COVID-19
- Feasibility analysis of new opportunities that relate to COVID-19 (i.e. PPE equipment)
4. Workforce Interruption Assessments and Recovery Planning
- Adapting to the new normal
- Exposure & financial mitigation
- Workforce inventory assessment
- Training and skills development planning
- Re-engaging workforce
5. Health Care Assessment and Efficiency Planning
- Telehealth development and distribution opportunities
- Assess delivery and accessibility of healthcare services and public health programs
- Conduct community health assessments, service gap analysis, and resource allocation and capacity planning sessions
- Evaluate the feasibility of healthcare infrastructure improvements and service expansion efforts
- Provide in-person and virtual work sessions on best practices and community outreach efforts
6. Housing Assessment and Support
- Conduct a housing assessment to determine immediate needs as a result of COVID-19
- Explore short-term housing options
- Assess the need for supportive housing
- Develop a rental assistance program
- Develop and implement action plan / road map
7. Community Stakeholder Communication Plan
- Services and programming support
- Emergency response planning
- Develop a community communications plan
8. Identification of CARES Act Related Funding
- Review funding opportunities
- Project prioritization
- Coordinate with Federal Agencies
- Develop funding matrix with timelines
- Ensure timely submission of applications